Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Everyone has some incidences in their past that they would like to erase...the kind that bring back the sinking feeling with the same intensity it had 10 years back each time they think about it. I certainly have a few of those! A sunny day suddenly looks dark and overcast in the shadow of past failures and memories of lost chances.

The extreme opposite of the haunting past is the unknown and looming future. What if I do not live beyond today? What if my bank account never hits the million mark! What if my children finish high school and I cannot afford to send them to college? What if I never get married and die an old maid?!

My verdict? The past belongs in the past. Only the lessons learnt should make it to the present. As for tomorrow – why die twice if you are going to have to die anyway? Don't let yesterday or tomorrow steal your joy from today!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP