Saturday, March 28, 2009

Donno about you, I'm Saving the World!


It was with utter horror that I watched events unfolding over the past few weeks. All our forests in Kenya, or at least what is left of them are burning! Honestly, I was transfixed. Then I got angry, angry to the point of wanting to do something. We have to put a stop to this madness! The selfish desires of a few individuals are threatening the very existence of a whole nation and we .... well, we are our usual passive selves. We might have a few heated debates while the news is still hot but those will die off soon enough when we stop seeing the horrific pictures. We will complain every now and then when our taps run dry. The more valiant of us will write letters of protest to some government department or other that we feel is responsible. And then what?

There is nothing as paralyzing as being faced with a crisis of such magnitude, knowing you have to do something, yet not having the foggiest idea what you ought to do. So when my friend 'A' said she would do what she knows best how to do – walk, I took her very seriously. She may have the answer after all! If we all just do our bit we may save our forests yet.

So "you go girl, 'A'!" I'm rooting for you. Well, actually, I am writing for you! As a matter of fact, that’s exactly what I’ll do, I am going to write and tell you all about ‘A’ as she walks for the forests and you are all going to contribute in your own little ways. There! Problem solved!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP